Read moreShow less
Graf von Faber Castell POY 2021 Knights Fountain Pen
The Pen of the Year 2021 Knights Fountain Pen is inspired by medieval knights, their heroes, myths and legends. The young men’s training took 14 years. In addition to hunting, riding, loyalty, spirituality and martial arts, it also included dancing, swimming and climbing. Upon completion of the training at the age of 21, the men received their knightly accolade ennobling them. In those days, the strongest prevailed, therefore skillful sword fighting and the nature of his weapons played a central role in a knight’s life. To forge the knightly swords medieval smiths used Damascus steel, which was regarded as particularly hard while being flexible. Its extraordinary properties are achieved through repeated welding and folding of different types of steel, which also produces the typical iridescent surface. It is thanks to this feature that every one of the 375 fountain pens and 125 rollerball pens in this limited Pen of the Year edition is truly unique.
- Plunger-type fountain pen with handmade 18-carat gold nib (ruthenium- coated, magnum-sized)
- Available nib widths: M (medium), F (fine), B (broad) and BB (extra broad)
- Damascus steel barrel which, extraordinary properties are achieved through repeated welding and folding
- Milled, brown lacquered grip zone recreates the leather strap on the sword’s grip
- Matt cap with anthracite-grey surface with durable PVD titanium coating is reminiscent of the delicate structure of chain mail
- Top of the cap is adorned by the "heraldic cross", also known as the "cross of hope", as it was considered a symbol of hope in the Middle Ages
- End piece is adorned with a red, faceted garnet with sunray cut
- Limited to 375 pieces
- All writing instruments are individually numbered
- Delivered in a black, highly polished wooden box (including brochure and certificate of authenticity)
- Additional insert offers space for six more writing instruments
Call us at 67361322 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
About Graf von Faber Castell
The legacy unveals from the idea of enclosing a thin graphite lead in a wooden casing was several hundred years old; it was not new when the ancestors of Faber Castell founded a pencil factory in 1761. It was only when the great great grandfather of Baron Lothar von Faber, who took over the family firm in 1839, was the first to turn the pencil into a genuity quality product of functionality and the world's First Brand Name writing implement.
Standards for the length, diameter and hardness of pencils; standards which apply till today. He was credited for creating a series of fascinating products which continued to set an example of Simplicity and Design.
The GrandFather of Count Anton von Faber Castell; Count Alexander zu Castell-Rudenhausen carried on this tradition. The Faber Castell company which takes its name from Count Anton's grandfather's marriage to Lothar von Faber's granddaughter Ottilie is not only the oldest manufacturer of wood-cased pencils but also the world's best known name in graphite and colour pencils.
Graf von Faber Castell's elegant design continued to reign till today more than 250 years later. With wonderful collections like the Pen of The Year POY and classic quality collections like the pernambuco wood, ebony and its iconic Perfect Pencil still the favourite of many generations to come.
The timeless design remains the heart of the company since then and will continue to be so to bring the life Simplicity Is A Luxury Itself; an embodiment of luxury of simplicity, harmonious combination of selected quality materials, aesthetic looks and a high standard of functionalism.
Visit Elephant & Coral Singapore
to see more of Graf Von Faber Castell's collection